There is a lot of preparation work required, in order to establish a power or CHP generation project. Site evaluation, planning and permit applications, off-take agreements, grid or private wire connections, feedstock contracts, financial modelling, applications for renewables incentives … the list goes on.
The Refgas team can assist you every step of the way, with all key disciplines available in-house, or via its strong associations with specialist technical, environmental and financial associates.
Whether you require specialist help in investigating the potential to export power to the grid, or you wish to outsource the whole of the business planning and pre-development works, Refgas can help. The company’s experience and background allows it to draw upon information and resources to provide you with a professional, comprehensive and cost effective package to help make your project as efficient, productive and reliable as it can be.
Energy Service Companies (ESCos)
Energy services companies can provide great benefits to their energy-hungry consumers through localised generation and distribution of power, heat and cooling, whilst delivering good financial returns to their stakeholders. This “build, own, operate” model is becoming more and more attractive throughout the developed world, maximising the benefits of local generation and distribution, and using every bit of electrical and heat energy for the benefit of its clients. The national power companies cannot compete with this, relying upon inefficient, long distance power distribution networks and often with an inability to utilise much or any of the available heat energy from their generating plant.
Refgas works closely with the modern breed of developers who are addressing this market, often assisting in the pre-development works, and is able to play a long term role in the ESCo, handling disciplines such as the O&M, feedstock sourcing/management and trading/management of the renewable energy incentives.
DEVELOPER SUPPORT AND RISK CONTROL
Many renewable energy developers have gained previous experience with solar, wind or other renewable energy technologies, in very mature technology markets. The production of syngas and its use as a direct fuel for power generation is somewhat alien to many such companies, who have been driven by the attractive financial incentives available, often for far less efficient processes than Refgas’ gasification and CHP system.
Refgas is able to satisfy the demands of both funders and developers with a package of facilities combining to de-risk a project and to guarantee its long term success.
A number of ESCO developers are already working with Refgas to establish a network of operating sites around the UK, with overseas opportunities coming on stream in the future.
Phone: 01244 529 589
- Refgas...making RDF its go-to feedstock for gasification and CHP Following the installation of its flagship 6MWe… https://t.co/fpe7qIOVXH, Sep 11
- Refgas...making RDF its go-to feedstock for gasification and CHP Following the installation of its flagship 6MWe… https://t.co/36Ed6zXpIs, Sep 11
- Lots of "Tweets" about renewable energy......from this flock of starlings at Trafford Park yesterday. I wonder if t… https://t.co/CNO0ACNl6k, Sep 11
- Lots of "Tweets" about renewable energy......from this flock of starlings at Trafford Park yesterday. I wonder if t… https://t.co/LFeKpTwFJs, Sep 11
- RT @Planetphil168: Oooops.....🚧.."Hello, boss, you're not going to like the news"🚧 #cherrypicker #manchestercitycentre #accident… https://t.co/7YFr5Dx8tM, Sep 8