INDUSTRIAL ENERGY USERS
Refgas systems are ideal for providing on-site power and heat generation for large, energy hungry companies, offering potentially massive savings in energy usage, and major reductions in carbon footprint.
Security of power supply is becoming increasingly important to industry, with the volatility of the energy markets and the cost / environmental impact of fossil fuels.
With its tiny footprint and modular scalability a Refgas system can grow with your company and service all of its power, heat and cooling demand.
DATA CENTRES AND COMMUNICATIONS HUBS
One of the biggest growth sectors today, with a huge energy demand and equally massive carbon footprint is data storage and communications management. Not only can this sector satisfy its electricity demand with an on-site Refgas system, but expensive cooling/chilling energy can be provided from Refgas’ recovered heat, converted to chilled water via absorption chilling. Dual-Fuel engines, incorporated within the Refgas process, can also act as back-up generators, if required, providing additional protection and comfort for the data centre operator.
WASTE AND RECYCLING COMPANIES
Many waste and recycling companies recover materials such as waste wood and other waste-derived materials which are ideal fuels for the Refgas system. Rather than transporting these materials over large distances (often overseas) for disposal, an on-site Refgas facility can provide a guaranteed and valuable end use for this feedstock, turning a disposal cost and headache into a valuable revenue, with power being exported to the grid.
BIOMASS GROWERS / PROCESSORS
In the UK and overseas there are a multitude of biomass crops and residues which are ideal fuels for a Refgas system. The high efficiencies achieved by Refgas in generating electricity, when compared with inefficient combustion/steam cycle processes, for example, make Refgas an ideal solution for localised heat and power generation. Alternatively, woody biomass crops or residues may be used to produce power and process heat within the grower/processor’s own business, whether that be in the production of sugar, palm oil, coconut, biodiesel etc.
ISLANDS AND REMOTE LOCATIONS
Power generation on islands or in remote locations can be a very expensive business, especially if fuel is not available locally and needs to be shipped or flown in.
A Refgas system can be designed to utilise most types of woody biomass as a fuel. Sugar cane bagasse, rice husk, peanut shells, coconut husk, palm kernel shells, prunings, forestry residues and many other materials are often available in large quantities, facilitating localised and cost effective power generation.
With each Refgas module built in a number of containerised sections and pre-tested at the Refgas facility, delivery anywhere in the world is achievable, with assembly and commissioning being a quick and easy process.
Phone: 01244 529 589
- Refgas...making RDF its go-to feedstock for gasification and CHP Following the installation of its flagship 6MWe… https://t.co/fpe7qIOVXH, Sep 11
- Refgas...making RDF its go-to feedstock for gasification and CHP Following the installation of its flagship 6MWe… https://t.co/36Ed6zXpIs, Sep 11
- Lots of "Tweets" about renewable energy......from this flock of starlings at Trafford Park yesterday. I wonder if t… https://t.co/CNO0ACNl6k, Sep 11
- Lots of "Tweets" about renewable energy......from this flock of starlings at Trafford Park yesterday. I wonder if t… https://t.co/LFeKpTwFJs, Sep 11
- RT @Planetphil168: Oooops.....🚧.."Hello, boss, you're not going to like the news"🚧 #cherrypicker #manchestercitycentre #accident… https://t.co/7YFr5Dx8tM, Sep 8